Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Desk/hutch in White

 My client picked this desk and hutch up at a rummage for $50.  Pretty good deal if you ask me! :)  It is an MDF piece but it is solid and in very good condition.  It's for her daughter's room and she wanted it white.  When I finished up the desk we were talking about how going from off white to white isn't a huge change, but a fresh coat of paint makes a world of difference!  It was a little outdated with the floral motif and the light oak top, but now it's crisp and clean looking and I love how everything just pops against it.

 I love staging with metal, wood, and organic elements and they all look great against a simple, clean background. 



BEFORE



 BEFORE






 AFTER







I love this soft green against all that white, too.  




When painting MDF if you want to be careful not to go through the material covering it.  I lightly sand with 220 until all the sheen is gone and then use a good adhesion primer.  Then two coats of paint and a top coat and it's good to go! 


 I don't know why I don't use a crisp white more often.  Yum!














Her daughter wasn't thrilled with the dark hardware so I changed it out for white and like it just as much!  (hard to photograph the white against white, it's cuter in person!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Did you ever up the Cool Factor on this one. It's perfect now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful - can you please advise what paint you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love this piece - what a huge difference, amazing transformation!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3