Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Oak Secretary

Last Saturday I made a furniture run (desperately trying to find pieces for my upcoming show!) and drove 1 hr 15 min to pick up two pieces.  Well, I was feeling a little guilty for going so far for two pieces so I got on my CL on my phone (Craig was driving, so no worries!) and looked up a few more pieces.  I think I might have mentioned that CL has not been kind to me lately, so I was surprised when I found two great pieces!  I called them up and both of them were available for me to come by! 
 Score!  
When I walked into this guys garage I was so happy because this was such a solid, beautiful piece.  Ah-those chunky legs!  


 Before




 After

I really could not picture this in anything but black.  It looks so stately now!  




 I had some feminine knobs, but they just didn't have the right feel.  So, I went with these black, distressed metal knobs.  Love the little detail in them. 






 The inside was immaculate so I decided to leave it be.  Just love the little metal library pulls on the drawers!











Linked up here:


14 comments:

  1. Oh, Lisa it is AWESOME!!!!!

    Hey, guess what? You won't even believe it! You know my deep-seated fear of painting, right? Lord knows I have been mentioning it to you enough! WELL.......I painted for the first time yesterday! BABY steps, but it didn't come out "too" badly! I painted a picture frame, a tall rustic metal candlestick and a itty bitty side table.

    The frame and candlestick are done but the table has been bleeding through, so taken a little while, plus it's much larger. YOU are a HUGE inspiration to me, ty so much! Smiles and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for you!! Baby steps are great! Would love to see what you've been up to!! :) And, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Great looking desk, Lisa! I love it in black and the knobs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to know what kind of paint you used on this... it is fabulous! I've been looking for the perfect black and this looks like the one!!
    thanks!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. It's All Surface Enamel in stock black (low lustre) from Sherwin Williams. :)

      Delete
  4. WOW!!! black was the perfect color choice for this piece! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black was the perfect choice and I love the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! Good luck with your show!
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, I'm here in your area and would love to know when and where your show will be. This black secretary is just calling my name! Love all the pieces you do. Keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! It's April 26th from 10-2 at 254 Miramar Dr in Allouez, WI! Would love to see you there!!

      Delete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3