Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Antique Table

This table was a bonus when I picked up this hutch.  Love when that happens! 
 Them: "Would you like to see some other stuff we have?"  
Me:  Inner voice "Ummm, of course I do.  Where is it? Oh, please let it be good!" 
Outer voice "Sure."



Before

It was a little wobbly when we picked it up, but nothing the handy man couldn't fix!  Love that guy!




After




 You know I have a minor obsession with "frenchy" stuff right now.  Couldn't pass up this fabric and it just looks stunning with the black.

*There were three kinds of nasty under the top fabric on these chairs.  Seriously?  It was like the people who keep adding another layer of shingles to their roof.  Just take the old crap off already!  I kept pulling off layer after layer...who knows what was living in there!




 How could I not take a shot of all those yummy legs!!  Just look at them all!







 She had a beautiful wood top on her, so I stained it Red Mahogany (mixed with a little Early American) and clear coated with 3 coats of poly.




Worked 12 hours, but finished this in a day!!  :)










 

9 comments:

  1. Will you be doing something special to this beauty? or whats the deal? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...I always think. "what's my style?", but now after looking at my house and seeing all the French stuff I already have, it's definitely French Country. Love the fabric! Did you find that in the area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I don't have a table and chairs that I love yet, I have a glass steel table and chairs and don't like it. So will be looking for a table and chairs like this and painting it black like yours! (P.S. I have a black wall!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when are you going to open a furniture shop. That is so French - magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinning. This is the table my husbands cousin threatened to burn so I said I'd take it. It comes with chairs of course, not sure those are identical. It turned out beautiful, gives me hope for the one I'll be receiving.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This looks like it's brand new. Really a lovely job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...beautiful. What a "bonus" :)
    Love the new life you gave it. The script fabric really adds to it.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are so talented! That set looks brand new! Thank you for sharing at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What did you paint the chairs and legs with?

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3