Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Other Half

Another cute little secretariat I found. This one is going in the same room as this desk.  She wanted it to have the same feel, but not be "matchy". 

Before

After

No, I didn't spell it wrong--it's French, of course. ;)


We wanted some of the hardware to be the same to tie the two pieces together.  I loved the shape and size of the bottom pulls, but they were the wrong color, so I spray painted them and then rubbed a little paint in the details and gently wiped off so they would show.




I seriously love the legs--dry brushed the whole piece, going heavy in the "creases" and then did a lot of sanding to keep it light.  It's a little hard to see in the pictures, but I like the subtlety of it.





SOLD

BTW:  I have arm muscles I never knew existed from all the sanding I've done!  I guess it's a great way to tone up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3