Monday, October 10, 2011

Desk redo

This one needed some repairs (so glad I have a handy man!) but I loved the shape and the fact that it was an old roll top-minus the top.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it--couldn't sleep the other night cuz I just wanted to go work on it--I think I border on the obsessive ;).

Before


After

Need to finish the top but I'm impatient and wanted to take pics!  Mixed dark walnut stain with ebony to get it dark enough.  So pretty--pic doesn't do it justice.


Started out with a light gray, but it was too washed out so went a little bit darker and the first color showed underneath after distressing.  It's a soft green-gray. <3

Love the new hardware!


Original color was Sea Salt from SW--then Oyster Bay from SW which I "played" with. :)  

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3